Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Stepping Back

Sometimes one of the hardest things to do is to know when you need to throw in the towel and say I'm done. Due to recent - and sometimes overwhelming events - I spent a day last week just trying to figure out what I need to do right now. Some things are straightening themselves out, all of that nonsense with the idiot neighbors next door to the flip house that had thier utility pole and nasty old shed on our property - West Penn came and removed all the lines and shut off all the utilities, they ended up having to dig up and move the pole themselves. They sold the property to other relatives, but David said they're very nice. When he asked about the shed they told they would appreciate it if he took it down, they thought it was an eyesore, if he didn't they would eventually. One down. He did have to contain himself when the idiot neighbor was back in town having to dig up and move the wires himself since he'd promised the buyers they would have electricity. One of the things he had yelled at David during that ruckus was "You'll see what happens when you mess with me!" - David refrained from yelling that while Mr. Idiot was sweating away digging up the wires, he was tempted though!
One down.

Next was the test I'm scheduled to take in a week and a half. After talking to the person that runs the CRRN program she agreed it would be a good decision to postpone taking the test to December - that was a big decision for me. It's only given twice a year, in June and December - I've been studying but due to everything going on concentrating is impossible. If it was just a test I'd go ahead and take it, but the problem is it costs $425 every time you take it and at that price I want to walk in knowing I'm going to pass. It was hard to let that go since I've already been studying for a few months and am not looking to have to repeat that, but I just cannot concentrate like I need to right now. So, I'll have another 5 months to prepare and by then I'll rock it - knowing I don't have to take it in a week and a half has really helped relieve the stress and I've slept the whole night the past two so I no longer feel like the walking dead. We will be flying out in July to visit Jackson and Brandi, I'm still working to come to terms with thier impending divorce but that will be an ongoing process. David started with the How and Why of it all but I told him we will deal with how were going to see everyone when it happens, like everything else in life we'll figure it out

Adam is doing VERY well I'm happy to share, it was rough but he's really pulled it together, I'm so proud of him! He still loves living in NOLA and does well there. We're hoping to have the flip house on the market the first week of July which will be a relief, David ended up running into a few unexpected problems but they've all been resolved, hopefully that's in. And we're currently trying to figure out exactly WHAT we are doing too. As the summer progresses we are arriving more and more at the decision this will not be our final house - I don't know if it's because it's still half finished or what, but it just does not feel like we will be staying here and I have a feeling by next year we'll be putting up a For Sale sign. Which is fine, there's always another adventure around the corner. 

No comments: