Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year

So, another year. I did not bother making resolutions, either you're going to do or you won't - and why add more stress? This has been an ......interesting year? On one hand I want to say glad that's over but it wasn't all bad, was it? I did accomplish some things and had a lot of fun, there's more coming too. We had a nice Christmas this year, had a lovely visit with Jackson and crew, I passed my exam and now can put CRRN (Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse) after the RN which I'm very excited about. I got a bunch of new kntting stuff for Christmas - Namaste is back in business so I bought a few new bags, I bought a full set of Lykke straight needles as a reward for passing my test. Knitting wise I am a very happy camper. We didn't do too much for New Years Eve - we just hung out and I watched a scary movie, it works for me. However, in retrospect I would not have had a giant cup of tea while I watched the movie because after I went to bed I had to get up of course. In the dark. Alone - at least I hoped I was alone!! It was pretty quick sprint so nothing got me. 

David has been working on the house steadily, it's been raining and cold lately so whenever he can get anything done, he does. So today, the first of the year he's been out there working on the roof. This makes things a bit annoying with Molly&Reuben. If you looked the word "pantywaist" or "pansy" up in the dictionary and there was a picture , it would be a Vizsla. They are the Casper Milky Toasts of the canine world. They also get scared by different pieces of construction equipment. Molly does not like the nail gun, if I'm in the house she's like glue and everytime I stop moving she tries to climb on me - I get a lot done on those days. Weirdly, saws don't bother her at all. 

Reuben fears the compressor and will collect all of his worldly belongings to huddle on the couch with. He refuses to go outside and if you try to make him he goes completely boneless and limp. So I leave him in the house and take Molly out, that makes him anxious as she is probably eating mice and having a grand time. When we get back he's at the door crying because he needs to go out now, so back out we go. Yay. Despite the dogs the house is moving along very quickly now, David has the master bedroom upstairs almost finished and carpeting is down, it won't be long now!

No comments: