Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Four Years today!

Can you believe it's been four years from when we arrived here, on the sunny shores of Clatskanie Oregon with Bob, Rueben and Molly? So much has changed - four years!

 We still have Bob who this year is really starting to look like an old cat, we got her as an adult from a friend - she was dumped at his house. We have no idea how old she was at the time but I think she was older than we thought she was. Molly and Rueben are no longer with us, they passed away almost 3 years ago, I still miss them.  We now have Dutch and Bee - hooray for Vizsla people on Facebook because it was through those connections  that we now have Dutch and Bee. .. Fun Fact ! -  Bee and Dutch are weirdly Rueben's niece and nephew! Small world. The girls who yes I talk about and take way too many pictures of are now 7 and in elementary school - when we first moved here they were 3. We've spent so many wonderful vacations and weeks with them - this summer it will be less but for a good reason. Jackson and his wife Amy are now stationed in San Diego and they'll be spending part of the summer there. We'll miss them but I'm so glad they get to spend time with their Dad. But we'll have them for two weeks and this year's mission is bike riding, Poppop is ready. We see Kim and Steve quite frequently - our friendship has truly stood the test of time. Kim turned 60 this year and joined the rest of us in our question to become Senior Citizens, I worked for two weeks on her cake and cookies  and I love that we got to spend it together (along with 50 or 60 other people). The house has changed immensely - or maybe just back to it's former glory. At this point all that's really left is odds and ends, David does want to start replacing some of the deck out back but other than that we are super pleased with how beautiful this house is. In August I'll be at my job for 4 years, looking back I'm glad I took the two months and really looked at jobs - this is one of the few places I didn't have to job hop a couple of times. Retirement for me is still a few years down the road, I don't qualify for medicare yet and I still like money. We like to take trips around here, there's so much to see and do! We're hoping to do a jaunt to NOLA, Adam is scheduled to graduate in August but we'll see as that's also Monsoon season down there. But hopefully by the fall. 

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

Sounds like things are going your way. Nice to read a blog entry from you every once in awhile.