Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 2, 2014

I Give Up.

I have tried everything - this blog will no longer post pictures. I've done everything I can think of - and then some - it will load the pictures but will not post them if that makes any sense.  So I need to decide if I want to continue to post without pictures - which I find a bit boring - or start on another blog site. Annoying! I guess I'll blog without and see what happens. Things have been going mysteriously well lately, which for this time of year is unheard of - I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I rejoined Weight Watchers but online this time, I just don't have time for the meetings and honestly it brings me back to my original issue which is I should not, at the ripe old age of 52, need someone to watch my diet. I should be able to do it myself.  But I find their point system easiest and after a week am feeling better not to mention the 4 pound weight loss. My biggest issue is vegan related, all of the soy based cheeses, etc tend to be higher in fat. The only low fat version I've found is Go Veggie which should be called Fakers Incorporated since it's made entirely out of milk casein. On that front I'm not entirely vegan but pretty close. My actually dairy intake is probably a quarter cup of cheese and a quart of milk a week which is not bad. I still cannot look at meat, every time I do all I can see is that poor pig electrocuted and while it's still seizing being pushed into a vat of boiling water - screaming and  alive. And yes indeed, that IS how they kill your livestock these days, enjoy your bacon. We're still looking into buying local after we use up what's in the freezer. And we know the cows are not abused since we see them every day on the way to work. My biggest news of course is I'm going back to Bayada to resume my position as a clinical manager. I get the updates and when I saw it opened up I contacted the recruiter who emailed me back the position had already been filled. Then two weeks later she contacted me to let me know the applicant had decided to decline the position and did I still want it? Four interviews later I start mid Feb, I'm taking a week off to get things straight at home. It will be a drive to the office - 65 miles each way, but I drove to Stonybrook for years on LI which was 50 miles each way and really, all the driving I do as a visit nurse it comes out the same at the end of the day. Rather amusingly I still have my Bayada lab coat and badge so I'm good to go! I will miss working with Tammy and being a visit nurse but I think at the end of the day this is really what I want to do. David has to get the health insurance since we'll be swinging free for 90 days but I had my Big Eye Exam and did very well so I now only have to go every 6 months instead of every ten minutes. The dentist is another story, I have a cavity under a composite tooth and it's HUGE. So he's doing a root canal and cap, hopefully it will be save-able. I have four more days of work (yes, I'm counting, thank you for asking) and of course I continue to knit. Due to the weather I haven't been able to make the knitting group for two weeks, but hopefully this week will be better weather wise.

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

You are the second of my blogger friends to have this problem. I hate this!