Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Off With Her Hair!

w

Well, its a picture at any rate. I've been talking about getting my hair cut for the past few months to the point I'm surprised David didn't sneaky chop it off while I slept. If you have thin, fine hair like mine getting a hair cut is a terrifying adventure at times, so it takes awhile to get your nerve up. Most of the time you either end up with someone afraid to cut it much so they just snap the scissors around the edges hoping you'll be OK with that. Or even worse, the one that makes it their mission to make it Look Thicker. First off , the only way it ever looks thicker is if you cut it all off and then it's a pretty limited engagement. I KNOW my hair is baby fine and it's alright. It takes two shakes and 30 seconds to dry it, it's not a bad color and it's not like I ever had thick hair to begin with. After doing some errands I passed by a small salon in Carmichael's with a sign out front welcoming Walk ins. Since it's early I figured I'd give it a go and was indeed, warmly welcomed. There was one other customer getting their hair done, so I was up now! The stylist was pretty young which was encouraging - I tend to make out better with a fairly recent graduate. I think it's because they're so used to practicing on their friends and family, etc and they haven't entered the amazing world of Negative Feedback it makes them more adventurous. I don't end up spending twenty minutes arguing about what my hair should look like - or worse, when they "OK if that's what you REALLY want" like it's some sort of threat that will end in I Told You So. I got my hair shampooed and was put in the chair next to the other customer that was super debating getting an inch cut off with her stylist, who demonstrated with a comb that it was not that much. Mine asked me what I wanted and when I showed her how much, she said..... OK!, grinned and had at it. So while  the stylist next to me was carefully snipping off an inch - no more! - mine was shearing away, 6 inches of hair hitting the floor, pulling up gouts of hair and chopping them off. The woman in the next chair was madly sneaking peeks like she could not believe someone would have that much hair lopped off in one sitting - but I did. What hung below my shoulders is now up past my ears. I told the stylist she did an excellent job and asked for her card. I also tipped her $10, given the amount of hair she whacked off she certainly deserved it. So that's one more thing off my list. I left my job as a visit nurse last week and am taking a week off between to get stuff done. It's a great time of job to start an office job by the way - EVERYTHING is 80% so I got about two weeks worth of outfits - including shoes - for under $150. I have to start looking for another bank this week too, Community Bank is on my last nerve. They cancelled my debit card again due to suspicious activity which I appreciate. I do NOT appreciate not being told it was cancelled (again). I had gone to the ATM on Saturday to check my balance and take out a little bit. It came back declined. I tried it again. Declined. Called customer service - they are only there Monday through Friday, which really sucks because now  I have no idea if my account has been drained or what's going on. Great. Since the main branch is open for a couple hours on Sat I drove over there to find out what had happened, only to find it had been cancelled and yes, it would be another two weeks before I got a new one. What's really galling about this is this bank is 10 miles from my house and it takes two weeks. Adam had the same thing happen to him and Navy Federal closed out his account, opened a new one and overnighted him a new card in 24 hours. That is the kind of bank I'm looking for.

No comments: