Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 29, 2017

A Day

So, I took a day off this week for no reason at all. On Friday I did a little catch up work, but then..... I did some cleaning. And shopping, there were a few things I needed. A load of laundry, put away my summer clothes and mopped the floor, how did it get so dirty so fast?...not much of a day off. It's hard to have any down time these days, every time I get five minutes I instantly want to use it to get ahead on everything I'm behind on. By the time I'm done catching up it's Monday again and off I go.

When I got up on Saturday I realized there was still plenty to do, but not that actually needed doing right now. So I went back to bed with coffee # 3 and read a few chapters of the book I've been trying to finish all week.  I took the dogs for a really long time outside to the old horse pasture and let them snuffle to their hearts content. They did not manage to find anything stupid enough to hand around, but they had fun. I read a few more chapters and finally finished the book. 

I binge watched The Mindy Project which is my new obsession. I always thought I would hate that show and never watched it until now. I saw one episode by accident and now I'm completely hooked, thank goodness for Hulu which has all 6 seasons! I of course was knitting, I'm working on blankets for my granddaughter and I'm 3/4 of the way through the first one. We are heading in the direction in the near future so I need to finish blanket #1 then I can start #2 on my way there. I was going to take my red shawl with me since that (only) needs about 32 more rows but it's too big and has the potential to annoy many people. Not to mention I do not want to drag too much with me. I did not cook, clean or do anything useful. I watched an entire season of The Mindy Project, drank coffee, finished a book and started a book, knit, played with the dogs and took a nap. And you know what? The world did not stop because I did. There is nothing wrong with taking a break from the universe once in a while.

No comments: