Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Forgive Me As I Tresspass Against You.

When I worked as a visit nurse I did a fair amount of trespassing - I LOVE to take pictures and have owned a digital camera pretty much since they came on the market. I'll take 20 pictures of one thing to get just the right angle or the best light. Working in West Virginia was an awesome place to take pictures, since I traveled all over it was not a big deal to pull over for 5 minutes to take a few. I often spent my lunch in the graveyards, WV has no end of the most Gothic, ornate gravestones.  It also has no end of abandoned houses and buildings, I often  wondered what happened to the people that lived there - did they still own the property? Or did the houses fall into such disrepair they simply walked away?

I've been getting more clients down near me so I actually got a little trespassing in last week! You really can't do that in Pittsburgh, too many people and I'm always afraid it is not as abandoned as I think - the chances of squatters are a lot higher in the city. So had to work this weekend and on the way back stopped at a couple I've had my eye on. One was a beautiful brick home that is a real shame. The windows are out and as you can see from the pictures, anything worth saving was destroyed by asshats. I did not go upstairs or in the basement as I had no phone service in that area. If I don't have a phone I am very careful - if I go through the floor no one knows where I am and unless someone spots my car I'm on my own.  

And then there is this lovely old church - I took a few pictures and then tried the back door - one of the things I've learned from flipping houses is a LOT of back doors are left open, (ALOT!). I did a very quick run and was disappointed for my trouble. Looking at the outside I was all Pews and Alters, what I got was plastic green bucket chairs and folding tables. Oh well! I wasn't supposed to be in there anyhow. The outside was way funner than the inside, but if you don't look you don't know and now I don't have to wonder when I drive by.  I have taken a few pictures of some graves but lately it's just been drive thru, I have to say very few bone yards in Pennsylvania can hold a candle to the ones in WV. But if you don't look you don't know and half of the fun is looking!

No comments: