Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 4, 2020

So, It Begins Again.

Well, here we are again looking at another new decade. I am cautiously optimistic, I'm pretty superstitious and tend to be afraid of jinxing things but weirdly enough - so far, so good. We did nothing for New Years which is pretty much how I like it, I am not a fan. If I'm out I wish I was home, if I'm home I feel like I should be out. What I end up doing is what I want to do - watched old movies and then went to bed. It was raining a bit on New Year's day but then the sun came out and the biggest rainbow stretched across the horse pasture - if we are going with Omens and Other Sundry Things I'll take it!! And if you're wondering - yes, it does rain all the time. We ask Alexa for the weekly forecast and then start laughing when she hits Wednesday -rain, Thursday - rain, Friday - rain.......sometimes she uses "showers" to break up the monotony, but a lot of the time it's not all day so it's not all bad. The yard is very squelchy,  Bob the cat walks taking very big steps and shaking her feet all the time, it's fascinating to watch. 

We closed on the foreclosure we were waiting for the other day, the bank wanted to wait until after the first of the year for tax purposes and that was fine with us, with everything going on last month that would have put us over the top. The bank that holds the mortgage on the foreclosure is based amusingly - in New Jersey.  If you want to be stressed out WIRE a huge amount of borrowed money across the country and the emails all have these FRAUD ALERTS and SCAMS all over them. Can you imagine? I could! What a puker! And then you have to add in the 3 hour time zone difference....but David managed to get the cash from Point A to Point B and we are now in possession of another fixer upper which thankfully does NOT stink of cat pee. Since I'm the Chief Cat-De-Pee-er that makes me very happy. I'll be posting pictures later today but we already know walls will be moving. For some reason they decided to renovate at some point and made the master bedroom HUGE, like you can roller skate in it and it's not a big house. Instead of moving a load-bearing wall they just sort of kept half of it and then there's the toilet that overlooks the driveway...... we'll figure it out.

And other than that, we are just busy. I got my Christmas present the other day, I refused to buy anything until we closed on the house we sold, you know, so I wouldn't jinx it. And it worked, didn't it? I bought myself two Namaste knitting bags (if you knit you know what I'm talking about , if you don't Namaste is like The Coach or Michael Kors of knitting). David and I buy our own gifts, we've been married forever and it cuts down on the returning things or the outright disappointment.  I have to get the house swamped out, Kim and Steve are coming for dinner tomorrow, David has been adding cabinets to the kitchen so I can move stuff around. Right now everything - food, plates, pots, pans, etc are crammed into about 3 cabinets - and you have to stand on the counter to reach the top ones so that's pretty useless -  it will be nice to be able to take something out without having to pile everything in front of it on the floor. I'm still working on my super complicated shawl, I ended up doing the first 3 charts and then had to throw it out, 2nd attempt is well, so far so good! I think that will hopefully sum up the coming year. 

No comments: