Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Ten Months In, Closing On A Year!

So this virus has put a bit of a damper on things, we once again spent a special day peering in an 8 inch screen at the twins while they showed off thier royal capes and pink spa masks. And yes, they are enjoying pretending  and are quite good at it. One of the things we most looked foward to was being able to spend holidays and time with them, but - this is not forever. And in the grander scheme of things we have spent more time with them in the past ten months than we have in the past 4 years. They truly know us, I enjoy being called NanaPoppop when they're speaking to both us, I'm guessing it's a time saver. And I have to say if I could pick a time of year to be quarentined this would be a good one - at least it's not cold and we are not stuck in the house. Brandi makes sure she videos everything and shares it online, thank goodness for technology. My family Zoomed a gathering - it was fun seeing everyone but I can see we need some practice. We are not doing anything for Easter, since I've been working on diet and exercise for the past 3 weeks  I gave myself a day and bought a limited amount of candy, once it's gone it's gone.

We still see Kim and Steve, but we strictly observe social distancing and so far so good. Kim made me a cloth face mask which I plan on wearing FOREVER. On one of my last trips to see the girls we stopped in a store and I bought 4 applicaes of Our Lady of Guadalupe - she is one of my all time favorites - and gave them to Kim. I was musing over something and then thought it would be awesome if I had a facemask with Our Lady on it. Kim is an excellent seamstress  and an even better friend, I probably have the most best facemask ever! We don't get to spend too much time with them but with the good weather outside is not too hard and we make it short, the car ride there and back is fun and we get out of the house at least! 

Kim has been doing what we've all been doing, hauling every bit of crap out from every corner of the universe and sorting it out, donating, etc....  I think at the end of this we will all have the cleanest, barest houses we've ever had. David continues to work on the Astoria house, he has been making great headway since there's not much else to do, is there? I've been doing a bit of sorting - my clothes are all neatly folded and are stacked according to color, I've cleaned out and rearranged the kitchen, the bathroom, the shelves in the den,........ I finished knitting the socks yesterday and am now working on Project #2 while Project #3 waits in line. We are both wearing out our ereaders, tablets, phones, the charging station is constantly in use! 

I'm out in the yard a lot too, I've finally cleared almost all the marion berry vines from the 3 pine trees in the yard, you can finally see them! The vines are as bad as the red vines in Pennsylvania - long wicked thorns that seem to rip through even my leather palmed gloves. I'm forever prying them out of my hands and forearms, my ankles look like I've been attacked by vampiric squirrels most days. The vines are tough and wrap around everything - they can grow up to 12 (or more) feet and the heavily thorned vines make it all the harder. I usually strip a section, get a good grip and then haul it as hard as  I can. I can only pull one or two vines at a time so it's been slow going - but it IS going. I got the spot where the trash was the worst cleared and turned for the most part, still have not decided what I want to plant there. If I dawdle around much longer the grass might come back and then it will be problem solved. They are projecting our office will be reopened to the public by May 4rth, I hope so. I would like to get back to real life!

No comments: