Total Pageviews

Friday, April 10, 2020

The Quarentine Doldrums

Today we drove out to the tulip farm since we are very limited with entertainment choices. I checked to make sure it was open (it was), it's not too far away either. The pictures turned out to be more entertaining than the actual doing it - All the fields were closed to the public but one, the building was closed so I could not buy bulbs. But since we made the trip we got on line as only 10 people were allowed in the field at one time, I didn't see any employees so I guess we were on the honor system.  It was a 20 minute wait but we got in, the flowers were beautiful, there was a UPick section but we didn't have anything smaller than a 20 and picking 40 flowers....nah.   It was nice to get out - the sun is out and it's in the 60's, a bit breezy for my taste, a lovely spring day. Glad we went early as the line wound around the parking lot when we left. 

We had a little shopping to do, we did our big shopping trip last week so for the next weeks it will be odds and ends. It was around 1 so we stopped at Fred Myers - packed! David and I have been very good on the social distancing and staying home, neither of us are wearing masks and gloves as it's rural out here, staying 6 feet away is not a hardship - usually. Then I remembered tomorrow is Easter, did you forget too? That is the hardest part of this - we had to cancel our plans with Brandi and the girls. It would have been our first Easter with them, as we had to video chat thier birthday last month it was especially disappointing. We had planned on having them come down here for the holiday and inviting Kim and Steve, sigh. It will be another holiday of peering into a screen to see that they liked what we sent. What I sent was Princess Capes, absolutely hilarious straight out of disney Velvet Royal Gear with fur trim and a hood - I'm hoping they'll love them. I was secretly envying it, and no, they do not come in an adult size. We bought them a gift as they don't need too much candy and they really don't need another stuffed animals, they're usually up to their eyeballs in them. 

My job has been kind of funky, most of my time is spent with the clients in thier homes, doing assessments, etc... Not being able to do home visits has thrown a monkey wrench of epic proportions into the works so now I'm being given 16 different jobs to fill my hours. Sigh. I'm just hoping it will not turn into too big of a mess, been there and done that in the past so it's stressing me out a (lot) bit. Things feel so scattered lately, I'm sure I'm not the only one picking things up and putting them down, starting to dust then halfway through sorting through clothes. I have 3 knitting projects going, none of them finished so today I am finishing the socks, then I will be down to two - for now. I am still mulling over planting, ugh. I look at plants, think about it, leave, look at plants, think about it, leave....... I cannot decide if  I want to plant small bushes or ground cover or flowers......... I guess I'd better decide soon, it will be winter before I do anything at this rate..

No comments: