Total Pageviews

Friday, June 19, 2020

We've Made A Year!

Well, it's a bit over a year, June 12th was the official Move-a-versary but you know how life is, happens when you least expect it. So much has happened - some good, some bad, some tragic but we are still here in one piece. The house will be finished fully around August after the project house goes on the market, I'm already planning and some things I've started. I continue in my job as the Community Services Nurse for the Area on Aging and Disability, it's still interesting. When I was hired it was a pilot program, the first of it's kind so it's been a job that is constantly morphing - it still is. But I love the constant variety and I'm always learning new things, plus it's so nice to work so close to home, my car is grateful! David is considering going into subcontracting as he is getting older and flipping a house by yourself is not an easy task. Plus RE here is way more expensive than back in PA, what we paid for a foreclosure in Astoria would have had us living large back in WV!! He's hoping to get it on the market by the end of July but I'll tell you a little secret - we've already had interest in it - cross your fingers for a quick sale! Then he is going to take a well deserved break - he had started this house and that other one we had to jump on so David has not stopped moving all year. 

The Corona Virus really made a mess of things on some fronts, we had moved here to be able to see the girls and Brandi - in the middle of February that stopped. thank goodness for video chatting though so we were able to keep in touch and as you can see from the last entry we are back in business! We had such a great weekend with them and hopefully they can get up here in July. Work has been a bit strange as I went suddenly from a 40 hour a week office and on the road job to a work from home. Our office really struggled with that as everyone else's has, but we figured it out and the good thing is they are now going to allow us to work from home a couple of days a week! I think we're all going to see a lot of changes in that direction - we all have the capability to do so but it's just getting people in that mindset.  I've had jobs that were from home and always do well in them, I find it much less distracting since I don't have any children running about. 
And speaking of..... I never thought we would celebrate our first year here without my Molly. I'm better, it's been almost 3 weeks but still have occasional crying jags - sometimes you forget and automatically get two bowls out for dinner or go to call them ......but there's only one. I got her ashes earlier in the week, I pulled into spot 19 at the vets and called in. A young woman in a mask came out carrying a polished wooden box and handed it through my window, I'm so sorry for your loss. 
I cried all the way home. 
But then had to laugh - a little - the next day realizing I had recieved my dead dog's ashes via Curbside Service. Jeezy Pete.  And yes, we are going to get another dog, we already have spoken to one breeder that I would love to get a puppy from. Rather hilariously one of her dogs Sitka is Rueben's half-brother. Yes, it is a small world. We are going to wait until David is done with the project house but Rueben really needs a playmate, he goes to the windows every night staring out, looking so hard. He is still happy, but he is way too quiet. 

We are seeing Kim and Steve tomorrow - there is one of the greatest gifts. I cannot tell you the joy it gives me to be with my best friend after all these years of waiting. So there you have it, we made it. A full year in Oregon.

No comments: