Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Rain.

I continue to heal well, my right leg is pretty much healed but there will be some scars, my left leg is doing better, there will be some scars there to which is good because I hate to be uneven. But the infectioned bites look better, just taking awhile. I'm done with all the injections and now moving on. Here in the fall is the rainy season, ugh. It just rains and rains, fog hangs over everything and it's chilly and grey. We did have a couple of days of quasi sunshine and I got 2/3rds of the lawn done but then.... rain... rain..... ugh. Our yard has been infested with crows and all sorts of birds, the walnuts are ripe and fall constantly, reading outside is just asking to get bonked in the head. And I swear the stupid crows bounce them off and aim for me. Jerks. Walnuts are odd because they have a thick, green covering and don't look anything like nuts, but once they fall the covering rots off quickly and they look just like the supermarket. The birds know this too. There were about a hundred stupid crows the other day, squawking and trying to hit me with walnuts, I chased them off but they just sneak back  - I gave it up. 

We went OUT to Rogues this weekend - and sat inside and stuff with Kim and Steve. David forgot he asked them to help paint so we were doodling around the house when Kim called to see where we were. Then David was all "I thought Julia told you the RE moved the photographer to next week so it doesn't have to be done today" then I was squawking because that was a Total Throw You Under The Bus Fabrication since I didn't even know about the painting. Yeah, you can walk that back David. They were fine with it and we got there an hour later and yes, David paid for lunch the scallywag. Going out to eat these days is a bit complicated, the restaurants are trying so hard to follow the weird guidelines to stay open. you wear your mask in, they have a menu propped up for No Touching, then you order through a plexi-glass screen, take whaever you ordered to drink, get a table number.....and then someone brings you your food? Hum. David had no idea what to do about the tip, I mean we were sort of, maybe served?? Maybe not? They had a big tip jar on the counter so he just stuffed 15% in there and let them figure it out. 

We are slowly working on the puppy thing, it will take awhile but it will happen. Brandi and the girls are coming down for Halloween which should be fun, Kim and Steve will come by to visit. Other than that things have settled down a bit, we are still yardsaling a bit when we find one. We went to one the other day - wow! The road was a winding gravel road so high up my ears popped - but it was fun. I got a few things and so did David, a fun way to spend the afternoon. The house did not get listed this week due to the rain which worked out for David - he wanted to get a few more things finished and then we just sit and wait. Hopefully for not too long. 

 

No comments: