Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Bee-dle Juice, Bee-dle Juice, Bee-dle Juice!!

Originally Bee's name was going to be Aoife - I had researched names trying to find something dignified and a little unusual. It's a gaelic name that means "joyous, beautiful" and is the name of a warrior princess in legend who freaking wins everything. But before I committed  I gave it a test run and quickly realized that it sounds very much like "Ava". The other problem was pronouncing it based on the old irish spelling - there are a lot of lovely old irish names but unless you're from Ireland or the late 1700's chances are the rest of the population is going to mangle the crap out of it on a daily basis. When we used to go to the beach back on LI there was a little girl who's name was Y'aile - it was a lovely french name - unfortunately no one who frequented the beach happened to be french. You always knew when she was around because you'd hear this little voice saying "NO, my name is not Yale! It's YA- aile!" - I'm sure at some point in her life she has given up and is now a lovely woman named Yale. But I digress. I hung in there thinking maybe I could use the american spelling??, but that is no longer the romantic Aoife, but Ee-Fa. yeah, no.
But then the breeder had sent me a few short videos of a white pawed puppy zipping around nosie-rosie - I had to laugh and that is how her name instantly became 
Bee. 

It's turned out to be a very appropriate name - she is bouncy, zipping around at all times. And it's one of those fun names - Busy Bee. Bumble Bee. Bee-nie. Beedelia. Bee-a-roni. Bee-dle Juice. I can go on and on. Having a puppy in the house is a lot of fun and quite exhausting at times. Her first project was to try and electrocute herself by chewing on wires. David suggested NO and a squirt bottle. I pointed out squirting a dog with water while they chewed on a wire was probably just going to kick it up a notch and suggested maybe just putting the wires up til she got older. With the girls visiting that added a whole other dimension as I pulled Polly Pockets out of her mouth for the 400th time along with crayons, barbie, and other sundry items. We spent days with no one leaving anyone alone but they all had fun. The girls loved Bee and Bee loved them. Christmas evening Bee got sick - I think it was because there was so much food she did get some and just a lot going on. She had awful going every hour diarrhea - she does not want to go in the house so she'd cry and out we would go. Again and again. 

She is better now, she's been to the vet and has medication, despite all the diarrhea she somehow managed to grow anyhow and gained 3 pounds. She is eating everything at this point, the vet suggested rice, yogurt, chicken and bone broth - I have little hope of her ever eating regular dog food again. She is growing so fast she will be a dog in no time - and we are so happy to have a dog in the house again, let me tell you! A dog just adds so much to your day - someone to play with, walk with, snuggle in the morning. David has started training her so she can be a great gun dog and I'm hoping in the spring to find somewhere to start hiking again. We have a lot wrapped up in you Little Bee. 

 

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Without a dog, my house feels vacant.

Julia said...

Us too Donna, Bee is constant but we are both loving it.