Total Pageviews

Friday, April 22, 2022

Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head

You know how they always talk about Washington and Oregon being overcast and dismal all the time? It's kind of true, some weeks it just rains constantly. We ask Alexa for the weather report and I've noticed she tries to mix it up a bit so it doesn't sound so bad. "Monday rain Tuesday Rain Wednesday Showers, Thursday wet weather....." - but I'm not fooled. And then there are the winds so you can't really carry an umbrella, I have 3 raincoats thank you for asking. It doesn't rain all day - but it will pour overnight, then be Dismal, black clouds rain, clears up......everything this time of year is damp and muddy. David tries to keep up with the floors but it's a losing battle. He did get the lawn mowed today, the sun came out for a few hours and when it does it doesn't look real - endless blue skies with puffy clouds, mountain in the background - technicolor grass and flowers. Everything is green - it never stays cold enough for it not to be green and the grass grows year around. The flowers bloomed a month ago, trees are all budded up and I can see the giant rose bush we unburied from the vines last year will be spectacular. 

My hydroponic garden continues I'm down to about 20 plants but the ones left are growing well. The biggest ones I am pretty sure are zucchini and two of the plants have blossoms on them as of this morning. I think the next go around I will have separate the seeds because I'm not sure what didn't make it. I'm going to start some more hydro seedling and then some in regular peat pots. I will have a raised garden this year so I have to get started on that. David built a small deck around the back and it will be enclosed by winter - I'm still planning on being able to grow year round. We continue to work on the yard, David is going to fence in the front where we have the giant cement pads, I'm trying to figure out what I want to plant and where. We're still arguing about the Monkey tree which is native to here and David HATES it, goes on and on about how ugly it is, it's not my decision, blah blah blah. It's seriously not that bad and cutting it down would be more trouble than it's worth. 

This is the first weekend in almost a month we do not have small children - it's very quiet around here. We have nothing really planned, a couple estate sales, maybe doing a little cleaning out, some planting and yard work but just pottering around for the most part. Tomorrow there will  be sunshine at least for part of Saturday so we can get out and do something fun. Have a good weekend everyone!

 

No comments: