Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Rolling

Isn't funny how all of the sudden your whole life just implodes - all at once. You go to bed with a tight chest wondering how you'll make it from one day to the next. How did this happen, why did this happen, why does it always happen to me? Every moment of every waking hour is just trying to hold it together, you just can't get it right and it's like being slowly tortured to death - you can hear your own breathing. 
But then things start to fall into place, not all at once, but it seems like as one thing fixes itself, the next thing does too and all of the sudden the whole thing is up and running again. That was us, that is us. We could not get to closing, our finances were stretched as far as they would go, I was so exhausted all the time and sad! So sad. But the house, after a good 3 week delay, finally closed and we are for the moment not in bad shape financially. We owe some money but we also own both of our cars and three houses. We are looking for the next one but I enjoy that. 

We are going to visit Brandi and the babies next month and cannot wait! We will also be seeing Kim and Stephen so it will be  super fun visit. I booked our flights a few weeks ago so they weren't too bad price wise. I finally got my skein of Madeline Tosh Merino Light in Baltic, the final upshot of that little fiasco was I got to keep the yarn that was sent in error after multiple attempts to send it back. Sort of a win win. In work news I'm going to be working part time, not super part time but I'll be working a four day work week, at least for now. Between the house flipping, the driving,etc it was getting to be a bit much so I'm reducing my work week. My boss was a bit hesitant so I'm doing it for now and it will be reviewed in January. Who knows but then I might want to go back to the 5 day work week. Who knows.

I'm 2/3 of the way through the shawl I'm knitting (the one I needed the Baltic colored yarn  for) and I"m hoping I don't have to order another skein. The upshot of that was I was sent the wrong color, the wrong return label was sent without a mailer to send it back -and it was sent snail mail. Our post lady took umbrage at returning a lumpy taped together package with the wrong address on it. When I finally called customer service the man on the other end of the phone at least had the good sense to embarrassed about the whole shindig which is how I ended up keeping the yarn for free. And even if it's not the color you wanted, there is no such thing as unwanted yarn. 

No comments: