Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Fall. I Hope.

It finally cooled down today, after being boiled gently every time I stuck my head out the door for the past week,the temperatures felt so good. Then it started raining. And raining. Sigh. So it's cool enough to go out and play, but no one wants to stay out very long. Since there's been no break in the rain the dogs go out regardless, even Molly toughs it out today. When we come back in it's a free for all because for some reason only known to dogs, being sopping wet is Super Duper Exciting! I tried drying them off with a towel but that just took it up a notch, especially when they grabbed the towel and ran off with it playing tug of war. 

So I had to find Rainy Day stuff to do - knitting of course but I can't spend the whole day.....well, I SHOULDN'T spend the whole day.... I really didn't.  I did however dye a couple more skeins - I've got this one skein that's a beautiful cocoa brown but it's one of my smaller ones, so I ordered brown dye to see if I could make my own. It was more difficult than the light pink since I had to use the entire jar to make sure it was dark enough and it had to be boiled longer. But doing this in 70 degree weather with the windows and doors open was much easier than when I did it in 90 degree weather. It came out pretty good so far, I'll have to wait til it's fully dry though to see if it's the color I wanted - I dyed a full pound of lace weight yarn (about 6,000 yards) so it had better be the right color! 

For the rest of the morning I just cooked stuff so I'll have it for the week. With vacations, summer, etc... we are WAY off base so I'm getting it back under control. Since I've already lost 20 pounds I'd hate to start gaining it back. And yes, I did make zucchini cake today, I'm starting to get down to it finally. The plants have slowed down and I think I'll get a couple more, then that will be that. I haven't gone through my winter clothes yet, it's way too early. The way it works around here is it will be cool for a couple of week lulling you into a false sense of Autumn and then BAM 95 degrees and you're sweltering in your flannel. But for today, I'm very much enjoying the fallish temperatures, I can't wait!

No comments: