Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Bayada




So, I am catching up - too much going on as usual. My last Bayada Awards weekend was, a bit off I suppose. When you know you're leaving it sort of colors everything you do. I've been with Bayada for a total of about 7 years - four offices, multiple locations and directors, co-workers, office chairs and desks. But I have to say, Bayada has been very good to me and it is with a heavy heart I leave them. When I started back in 2009 I had been working in very horrible office for a different agency. I'd been there for 3 1/2 and months and had I stayed I would have been senior employee the turnover was so rapid. I  interviewed at the WSV office in Pittston for the clinical manager position in an office they were opening and had made it through all the interviews, but had not heard back. I remember sitting at my desk with my resignation in hand that I'd had for a week tucked in planner and that day -  the job at that agency went from horrible to I cannot take another day. I got up and handed my resignation in with no job lined up. I sat back at my desk, both relieved at leaving and terrified of the impending unemployment in my future when my phone rang - 
It was Bayada wanting to know when I could start. 

I started off in the WSV office training for the opening of the East Stroudsburg office - they were huge with over 300 clients. I met Barbara back then, just as glamorous as the day she retired. One of the things that struck me about Bayada was the upper management is very accessible, I've met the Baiadas over the years, always warm and welcoming. You can call or email any of the upper management with a response, often helping you troubleshoot the problems your office cannot figure out. Who does that? The gift giving - through the years I've gotten Coach bags, electonices, bonuses - you name it. Has it been all good? Of course not, there are days when I am not coming back believe me! Calls in the middle of the night, nurse fights on my cases, too much paperwork, the state, my ever changing schedule.....on and on. But it's not something you don't put up with on other jobs and honestly, I've had way worse.
And like any job the faces change, every year I see less and less people that I know. But it was lovely catching up with the ones that I did and even though this awards weekend was much quieter than the past it was a good last jaunt. I volunteered to work Saturday morning, sat through the general session, got my 5 year award (the previous two years didn't count), Dinner and then off to bed. I got up the next morning and headed out early, got home by the afternoon. I celebrated my 58th birthday with David and got everything I wanted - since I had ordered it all ahead of time. Good times. 

No comments: