Total Pageviews

Friday, April 26, 2019

Runaround

So this week was devoted to travel. On Tuesday I had to meet other managers at a client's house 35 miles away so round trip was 70 miles - and that was BEFORE I had to head to the meeting in NJ which I carped about yesterday. After the meeting I stayed with Janet and Diane as I had a couple of days in between before I was off to my next Bayada event. It was fun, they have two very teeny weeny dogs that are hard to get used to since my two are large excitable messes. These dogs are small excitable messes and when you take them outside it's like hamster wrangling. I made them swear they would not poop as it's an area where you have to carry little poo bags around. Of course they lied and I was forced to stroll around with a bag full of Poodle Doodles. The next day I did a ton of paperwork and then went out to shop and spy on the amish - they rarely disappoint.

On Thursday we celebrated my birthday with carbonated coconut water, Pad Thai, Double chocolate cake and Game Of Thrones. Since I've finished the series I can start watching it and we made it through the first 3 episodes before we passed out from geriatric excitement. Of course the other thing I got was Epic Heartburn from the above mixture of foods - ugh! I was up and down most of the night, but morning it had reduced to pilot light of pain, still there but not anywhere near what it had been. The weather was so dreary today! Just grey and a bit chilly, there was not much to do. I'd already been shopping and so forth so we just hung out with a little bit more game of thrones. I left a bit early so I could stop and get some coffee creamer and yogurt for the morning, off I went. I sat in traffic of course - I love awards weekend but hate the city. But since they've had it here before it only took me one circle before spotting the front. And wonders of wonders - I actually was at the right hotel! 


I'm not going out tonight, I am volunteering in the morning and have to be up and out by 6:15am but that's fine. It's started storming and I bought a salad and sandwich for dinner, after this week I can take a quiet evening alone. Ordering stuff. For my birthday. 

No comments: