Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Lucky Number Three

Since this was a 3 day weekend we decided to go visit Brandi and the girls as I wouldn't have to take any time off to do it. Of course I forgot I had been signed up for a 2 day conference Thursday and Friday after I booked the kennel and the ferry. but it worked out - my boss said I could leave a little early on Friday and the place they were holding it was on the way. David dropped the dogs off at the kennel, then drove up to Olympia and picked me up - the ferry was only another two hours so we arrived a little after 5. I had booked the 8:30 ferry, it runs out of Port Townsend which is a beautiful old seaside town but we're usually just straight to the boat - this time we had 3 hours we  to look around. There was a set of stairs that went up the side and up at the top was an old bell tower, you could see for miles from there. As it was around 5 most of the stores were closed or closing - the yarn shop was not quite closed so I darted in there fast! 

I have not bought any yarn or knitting related items for months, it was nirvana for me. I asked the owner if she was closed, she said wellll.......I'll give you til I get these things put away. David started chatting about where we were from and that he flips houses so I got more time than her putting things away, however in my defense I did buy a bunch of stuff so I don't think she was too put out. After that we had dinner in a cornish pastry themed little restaurant - David had bangers and mash, I had a stuffed Portobello and an IPA brew - then off. The ferry at night was lovely with the distant lights, but a bit chilly. Chloe and Delilah were in bed when we arrived -  they were up early - they are three now and so much fun! They're very into Nana and Pop Pop - they call David if he's upstairs as he is still the Favorite. They are both bossy, it's always Delilah's turn - it can be your turn by yelling MYTURN, grabbing the object in question or if needed, shoving the opposing party over while retrieving the object in question, Your turn lasts until the other person yells MYTURN - the turns getting shorter and shorter until a fight breaks out, then it's no one's turn.

Although they do tantrum a bit, for the most part they're very well behaved and a lot of fun. They both sing - very loudly and the songs are very long and meandering, it's like being in a nonsensical musical most days. We ordered in, babysat one day so Brandi could have some time in which no one was saying Mama or touching her or crying......then it was time to go already. It seemed short but we had only been there about 6 weeks ago, although it's much shorter I prefer being able to visit more frequently. We ferried back - and yes, we always make reservations, this weekend especially. the line for the ferry was very long and I noticed on both days I booked they had no reservations left ( I considered rebooking the ride out). We got home late afternoon after a very pleasant ride home, since we had some time before we picked up the dogs there was no hurry.It was a little odd to go to work today, usually I give myself a day between but since it was only 3 days instead of 8 or so, it was not a problem. 

No comments: