Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Visit.

One of the fun things about being a government employee is you get a lot of  time off. Did you know I get ELEVEN holidays? Plus vacation, sick, personal time? So four days weekends are not that hard to come by anymore. Plus I can do ten hour days - not bad, you just don't burn up vacation too fast. Since I had a four day I took some PT for Thursday and was able to leave early, we hit Port Townsend around 3 or so, the ferry reservation wasn't til 6:30. I arranged it that way so we could doodle around, it's just a beautiful old harbor town with a side of touristy thrown in. We ate at the Bayside Cafe, David's favorite and he is still not braving the Alaskan Salmon- he thinks about it though. I of course hit the yarn store and if you're wondering - there are a lot of yarn stores around, there are just not a lot of GOOD yarn stores. But the one in Port Townsend I love, it's pretty big and they have a great selection. I only bought one skein of yarn, but did buy four large Our Lady of Guadalupe applicaes because they were so funky. I am an atheist through and through but I love religious art. After I walked on the public docks and saw a seal up close but had a hard time getting any sort of picture, it was diving alot. We thought about trying to get the ferry a little earlier but the guy said it was super packed and we should keep the reservation we had. No matter, the ride is only half an hour and the drive to Brandi and the girls is about 10 minutes from there.

The girls are so fun now! They're almost completely potty trained and make loud announcements when out in public. Chloe amused the restaurant by waving down our waitress at the other end and shouting HEY! I PEED IN YOUR POTTY!. They're very 3 going on 4, they have fits over everything - it's amusing til the end of the day then Nana is like WHATNOW?? it can be anything from they suddenly don't like thier socks to my favorite - Chloe sobbing because Delilah said No. She didn't say it for any particular reason, just marched up to her sister, said it and left. And yeah, they do get into it. We took them to their first dental appointment which went fairly well. The appointments are really just to get them comfortable with going, I had to laugh when the hygenist invited Chloe to watch and she came over and just about stuck her head in Delilah's mouth so she could see better. But you can take them out places now for longer than 10 minutes and they chat up a storm. 

We headed back Monday morning, picked up the dogs around 1 and then headed home- which everyone was glad to be in. There really is no place like home, is there? I enjoy vacationing and visiting but you know - you come in and turn the heat up, start the wash, greet the cat, tv on, feet up, dinner is served. Work the next day - I sometimes have a hard time with that. For years we've always had to travel far so I always made sure I had a day inbetween coming home and going to work, I needed it. We would need to get the pets, shop for food since we were usually gone a week and a half - or more, etc... but now it's a four and a half hour drive- and that includes the ferry so we can now take a lot of mini vacations. In May we are planning on driving down the coast for a weekend with Kim and Steve to see how the other half lives, I cannot wait!

No comments: