Total Pageviews

Friday, March 27, 2020

Solitary Confinement

Ah yes, the thing we are most tired of and yet cannot stop talking about - Oregon is under confinement(you can call it what you like, that's what it is). I mean technically you won't go to prison but if you're seen consorting you'll get your ass talked about on Cowlitz County Bulletin Board. My favorite was people raging about those That Refuse To Stop Touching Each Other and one woman posted "I saw a group of people playing GOLF and I just wanted to yell at them Go home you filthy animals!". I am praying that if Nancy makes her way here before moving back to KingCharlesWorld I can take her to a golf course because I will yell that at her all day. Hell, she doesn't even need to be on a golf course. Sitting here and thinking about it  I might just yell that randomly. Kim and Stephen did come over last week before the Giant Lock Up, it was fun. We had a nice lunch - I made Vegetarian Pizza from my own recipe and then I formally presented her with a Used Mixer. 
David and I went to an estate sale a few weeks ago on the last day(not on purpose, but that's a whole other story), I bought some nice cut glass wine and beer glasses, we got a cement garden bench for $12, a few odds and ends. You do have to be careful, as I've said before it's not a bargain if you can't use it - but that's sometimes hard to remember when you see an inflatable fishing boat with a motor - even if you don't fish. Anyhoo, I spotted a large Cusinart Mixer in a plastic bin pushed under a table and pulled it out. It looked almost brand new, had all the blades and even a splatter guard for the 5.5 quart bowl. It was marked $50 (new they are $275), but you know me. David called to the person running the sale who called back since it was the last day - everything was 50% off!!And she showed us a place to plug it in to make sure it worked. But I don't need one, do I? I have a Kitchen aid with all the attachments, hmm. BUT....... when you flip houses you keep a running list in your head and Kim had said a few months ago she would love to have a heavy mixer but the price.......sold of course. 

David is not affected by all of this since he works by himself, my office is closed to the public and we are essentially working from home. All of my appointments have been cancelled, no dentist, no eye doctor. Fortunately I had my eye appointment a few weeks prior and the pressure in both are still very good. They did most of the testing then, there were just a couple they were going to do on a separate appointment, no big. The weather is off and on rain, but I've managed to get some yard work done, I've cleaned and sorted, swept, mopped and waxed the floors. Hopefully we will be done by Easter, I was really looking foward to seeing the girls


No comments: