Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Unwieldy Traveler

SO, David is home for the week visiting his family. He had wanted to for awhile, his parents are now in their 90's and he didn't want to keep saying "next year" - and then have it be too late. We've been having some upheaval at work so after looking at my schedule I told him to book a flight for this Saturday and I would see all of my clients at warp speed for the next two weeks, scheduling one for Saturday around 10am. That way I could drop him off, grab some coffee and see the client. The week he was gone would be more lowkey and I could use personal time to get home to take care of the dogs. Note to self - NEVER let David book his own flight. He took what I said as written in stone and did indeed book a flight from Sat to Saturday. The departing flight left at 5:50 - AM people, AM. I asked him (hysterically) if he realized that the flight was departing from Pittsburgh, an hour ride from our house - he did but didn't think it would be that bad. I asked if he realized he needed to be there 2 hours PRIOR to the flight leaving - oh, oops, yeah, no he didn't.  This meant of course we needed to be out of the house at 2:30 in the morning, I would get him there by 4 AM IN THE MORNING and then be free to dork around Pittsburgh until 10 am when I saw my client. Hmm. The dogs were another issue, there would be no one to let them out until noon, I tried to explain it to them but Molly kept thinking there were biscuits involved and Reuben just feel asleep. David called our kennel but they were full - but then he called back and said they could share a kennel since it was only for one night - thank goodness! David was able to drop them off Friday early afternoon and it was one less thing to worry about. We tried to go to bed early but the sun refused to set so I fell asleep at the usual time despite my best efforts.  So we bounced out of bed at 1:45, staggered to the shower, I tried to make my hair look like it had NOT be styled by a chimpanzee with a meth habit and went scootering off to the airport. David is not a good traveler so he worried and fretted til I kicked him to the curb at the airport. Then I was free to....hmm. Starbucks was not open. Panera Bread was not open. Apparently it is only NYC that is the city that never sleeps, Pittsburgh apparently does not know that rule. So I got coffee at Sheetz and read for an hour or so, then Panera opened. It was not too bad, I got my grocery shopping done and dorked around the waterfront for a little while but I was glad to get done and heading home - boy I was tired!!. I picked up the inmates around 11:30 paying cash and paying extra - I was extremely grateful to the people that own the kennel and accomadated us. I have no idea what I would have done without Kritter Cutz and Kennel. I got everyone fed, out and settled, did a few things around the house......and the electric went out. I was way too tired for that, seriously. I called and  it came back on an hour later, thank goodness. We had an uneventful night and a pretty good day. Hopefully the rest of the week will stay that way til I pick up David on Saturday next week - at 11 o'clock - AT NIGHT. 

No comments: