Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Barely Legal

I'm very good about keeping my driving license up to date - I've never gone over the expiration date by even an hour. It's  not because I'm such a good citizen, it's the same premise I follow when the chart auditors come to my office to review charts - I know I'm going to get nailed for something no matter how hard I try - I just try keep what I can be nailed for to a minimum.  So when  I get pulled over, an expired license is not my list of infractions - and this is important. I got a verbal warning once and then the next week got pulled over in the same spot by the same cop - doing the same speed. If he could have added he didn't like my outfit he would have added it. I had to get a new picture too so I arranged to be off today just for this purpose since the local place is ONLY open on Thursday from 9:15a to 3:30p. I had my card I got in the mail, dogs were walked and in - AND I remembered to do my hair and some make up. Usually I forget and spend the morning pulling briers or something before I go. David has, in the past, described some of my license pictures as "ten miles of bad road" or "you look like you were just released from prison". It's a talent, what can I say? I got there and the first thing I saw was a sign that stated they only took checks or money orders. I asked the woman in the photo section and she said she didn't do that, to look at the list. I found what I thought it was and hightailed it to the bank. The bank that only does money orders for customers. Of course you do. I went across the road to the gas station and got one, then high tailed it back - every seat was filled except the one next to The Complainer. I took my little ebook out after signing in and tried to read while The Complainer kept up a running commentary on everything from the woman should not be chatting with the customers to he had been sitting here for half an hour... yeah, that makes the time go faster buddy. It was not that long - I got my picture which actually came out pretty decent I thought. Not suitable for framing,but at least I don't look marginally demented. And the money order? They never asked for it - when I looked I didn't even see anything saying how much you had to pay. So I have a money order for $29. 50 in case someone wants to sell me something (for exactly $29.50) or someone is going to get an odd amount for their birthday this year. 

No comments: