Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 15, 2016

It's Been Awhile

I've been busy lately, a lot going on! I turned 55 on the 29th of April - that also meant I've lived here, in this house for 5 years. We closed on this house  that year - I spent my 50th birthday on an air mattress with David and Pearl the dog, one of the best birthdays I've ever had. But I digress - this year my birthday fell on Awards Weekend at Bayada. It was held in Washington which is about 5 hours from here at  the Gaylord and it's all marble and glass,right on the water. Since I would be traveling on my birthday I decided to take a day off and do a bit of sightseeing. I've always wanted to see Harpers Ferry in West Virginia and it was on the way! David didn't go as he is busy stressingfretting over the Waynesburg house and getting it ready to sell (it's on the market this week). So I went by myself which is not a big deal. I'm very much a loner and have no problem amusing myself. I made good time - Harpers Ferry is a national park and a historic town and a historic landmark. Parking was a bit fuzzy, I finally parked by the historic train station and asked someone  since all Violators Would Be Towed - that would suck! I was directed to a small pair of boxes, one with a slit and the other with pens and envelopes. I put my ten dollars in the envelope and was paid my parking when I popped it in the other box. I had a great time and would recommend it to anyone to go. The only thing I was mad about was I didn't eat before leaving and stopped and grabbed a Cinnabun. They are ok, not great and will give you a stomach ache. I arrived at Harpers Ferry too full and slightly nauseous to eat anything - and was surrounded by gourmet restaruants and that also, sigh here, served loads of vegetarian fare!! Arrgh!

I left around 3 - since I would be heading to Washington I didn't want to hit traffic, got the hotel around 4 and checked in. Not too many people from my office went this year but there was about 6 of us which was not too shabby. My boss made reservations at a nice italian resturant and treated us all to dinner and drinks after. You can't ask for a better boss, can you? The next day is always busy - Bayada is unique in that it invites EVERYONE in the office,not just a couple of the same people every year. There were close to 2500 employees there - I love seeing everyone from East Stroudsburg that I worked with. We went to the assembly where they gave out awards - they do Hero Awards and really recognize the people that go above and beyond (they also usually manage to get everyone blubbering at some point too!). We did the divison luncheons, a little break and then.... the dinner and dancing!

Open bar, dinner is always great and it's dress up of course. I finally crawled into bed around 1 am, too many martinis and too much fun, but I had a great time, not to mention the swag bag they send you home with. I skipped the breakfast the next morning as I wanted to get home. Since it was Sunday and raining to boot it was an fast and uneventful ride home.It was really a fun a weekend and another birthday down!

No comments: