Total Pageviews

Monday, August 14, 2017

Time To Get Busy

So, I ended up working this weekend which in the greater scheme of things is not that awful. When I worked in the hospital I worked every other weekend, as a visit nurse there were often stretches where I worked EVERY weekend so now, once in awhile is nothing to complain about. Except for when you're trying to move and overtime you get started something happens. I took off part of today and will be off for a couple of days this week as we are really getting down to the wire. Buuuttt....... the problem with taking off a couple of days is my head knows it is to get working on packing and cleaning, etc....... but the rest of me knows

I AM OFF FOR TWO DAYS OF NON STOP SCREWING AROUND. HAHA!! 

and therein lies the problem. So far I have: gone to Sam's Club, took a bunch of pictures, finished my book and played with the dogs. A lot. You might notice there is no packing or cleaning happening yet. I am also planning on Laying Around a little and will be going to my knitting group tomorrow despite it being a bit of a drive from home. But I will be spending part of tomorrow doing what I said I would and then Wednesday it will be most of the day. David is up to spackling, we have running water in the kitchen and (one)bathroom sink and hopefully by next week we'll have enough space carved out to move into the house. Actually we will HAVE to have enough space to move out unless the new people are going to be OK with us in the guest room for a bit. Worst comes to worst we can camp in the living room for a bit - it won't be our first experience Glamping!!

And we've made more progress than we think we have - if you open most of the closets around here they are getting pretty bare. David donatd another load of bins and we have the attic stuff down to almost reasonable. And really, between the two days off this week and then the weekend I have enough time to get from here to there. The fence is up for the dogs and Bob will be an indoor cat for awhile until I'm not scared to lose her. I suppose I could put a collar on her, but I just can't bring myself to do it since she still bears the scars from the collar I had to pry off her when we first got her. Her last owner apparently thought the collar from when she was little would be fine for life. But enough of that angry talk - as much work as this is I'm really excited about the whole thing, we just have to get through the next two weeks

No comments: