Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Knitting Takes A Backseat

I'm going to have to miss the knitting class this week, with this big audit coming up there's no way I can justify taking off for four hours to knit. I'm disappointed, I don't have too much in the way of outside activities and this is the only thing I've tried to do. I can figure it out on my own of course and there's one more class, but I would have liked to have been able to complete the whole thing. David's birthday is this weekend and Mother's day of course - I'll have to squeeze it into my schedule so on top of that, something has to give. But I knit every night, I refuse to give that up! Not to mention what would I do with all this yarn. I got my last package from knit picks last night, I had to hunt around for it a bit of course. When you live out of town, Fed Ex becomes an interesting thing as they never leave things in the same place twice. It wasn't by the main door so David and I hunted around - not by the back door, the porch to the atrium - I finally located it by the side door of the wrap around porch, laying on the wood pile. I got the latest Vogue book and two sets of replacement needles, I do break them once in awhile and hate not to have a full set. So that's it for ordering for now. David doesn't want too much for his birthday, I think as you get older you just simply don't need as much or you can buy it yourself when you want it. Most holidays we just shop for ourselves as it saves time on taking it back to the store and exchanging it. We're going to go out to dinner this weekend and celebrate everything all at once which should be fun, maybe we'll head out of town for a couple of hours and try some place new.

No comments: