Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 26, 2011

State Of The Union

Pearl is slowly on the mend - we have to make her get up in the morning, make her eat, make her go out. But for the past couple of days it seems once she gets going she's fine. Today was the first day she wanted to go out and do a little Squirrel Patrolling so we were relieved and the squirrels were annoyed.  She has a month or so on antibiotics so it's a twice a day cheese fest for now - David has also had to gourmet her food as the medication keep her from being hungry and if she doesn't eat she barfs the pills up. I think she's on to us though and is now liberally abusing the whole situation, she  peers in her bowl t o see what's good. And if it's not good, she's OK, she can wait.  Today too, I took off my immobilizer off for the first time in a month. If you want to know how my foot is - it hurts. But it's not as bad as it was and it's only been one day. It will either improve or it won't - time will tell. I'm hoping it will improve if I don't over do it and I'll be back to hiking when the warm weather hits.  We did some shopping today in town, all the weekenders were about. On the way back 209 was slowed down going the other way and all the license plates were NY, NJ and a few other states. But once the sun was up it was chilly warm and I know everyone is getting excited about spring. My birthday is coming up too - it's the big Five Oh this year so I've decided I'd like to turn 50 in West Virginia,  with the mountains and hills around me. I've missed my friends so it will be an excellent excuse to go home and just hang out for a few days. Pearl may be coming with us so she can visit with her pals Gypsy and Sage and have a Vizla party. We can leave her with Ricky during the day if we want to be dog-less so it will work well.  But that is a couple of months from  now - people ask if turning 50 is a big deal - I guess it's a big of a deal as you make it. I don't dread it or feel that I'm officially old - I don't mind it in most ways. We'd all like to keep that 20 year old body, but what you'd like and what you get are two separate things. All in all I look forward to my turn in the sun, my turn to be the Old Lady telling everyone what I think and having no never mind what they think of it.

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

I love the way our pets learn to control us. You can be glad I didn't post what I intended to; it was good, but I decided you'd probably take it the wrong way. I trust you enough (as an Internet friend) that I am not afraid to divulge that much.

Julia said...

Now you have me curious.......

Sinéad said...

I'm glad to hear Pearl is on the mend. Poor thing.