Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Winter Of Our Discontent

It's that time of the year again, when winter has held on a tad too long and everyone is getting snappy. David and I are bickering back and forth, my foot hurts, he hates his job, yada yada yada.  I got some unexpected news - I'm not happy or sad about it, just a bit stunned. I'll get over it. I put away the shipwreck shawl for now, I've started knitting a toy snake for a client's birthday, bought a back up gift just in case it's not finished in time.  It's  hard enough to be interesting but not hard enough to be annoying. David and I did a little shopping today, I bought a teeny tiny food processor - I just need it for an occasional shredding so I wasn't looking to get carried away. It cost ten bucks and holds a cup and a half, perfect! It rained last night, then warmed up just enough to start melting and then froze again - the driveway was alarmingly shiny this afternoon. Forget about actually walking in the yard, I let Pearl run around but I stayed under the deck and read. I have a couple of chairs set up under there where they stay dry and I'm out of the wind so we can be outside. I figure I can sit and read outside just as easily as inside and since I can't walk too far that about all the outside time I get.  The immobilizer is getting old already, it's just annoying at this point and it's hard to tell if it's doing any good yet or not. The doctor said 2 weeks to a month - it's been one week and counting.I bought some low impact exercise tapes this afternoon too, that's another issue in itself. I can use the exercise bike but it can't put any strain on my foot so in order to burn any amount of calories I would have to pedal about 5 hours a day. Staying out of the fridge is even harder, aside from TV, reading,computer and knitting I am bored. Arrgh.  Did you look at the picture of Claw I have here? She's holding Pearl's rawhide hostage again - even the cats are peevish!!

No comments: