Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Winter Wonderland - Bite Me.

 It is frigging snowing AGAIN - it's piled all over the place, we have no room for anymore. I am finally tired of it, I never thought I'd say that but I am. I suppose the bigger part of it is that the yard could support the NHL and this boot makes maneuvering in good weather can be a bit of sticky wicket - in the ice rink outside it becomes a hat trick every time I step out the door. David bought 5 sixty pound bags of ice and we're down to the last two already. The driveway is a mess, it once again melted/froze melted/froze and this morning my car literally slid all the way down to the road. The snow is flying again - thick and heavy of course. We have been keeping a large plastic bin filled with water just in case and I'm convinced it holds off the ill effects of Murphy's law. Since we filled the bin with water so if the electric goes out we'll have water - the electric has stayed on. I'm sure if I dumped it we would be in the dark so it sits there - big, annoying and in the way, just daring me to empty it. I got some stuff done this morning, finished cleaning out the cabinets and so forth, did the weekly shopping and I was quite pleased to walk away from the store with a grocery bill of under eighty dollars.  We had a few high priced weeks but we're back on track - I've started keeping a running list so when we do the shopping we have a plan instead of just racing willy nilly up and down the aisles flinging whatever suits our fancies. The end result is usually a food bill of about $170 and all the Frito's you can eat. I have my foot up now - it's finally FINALLY starting to feel a little better, not much but at this point I'll take what I can get. The problem is every time they change the treatment it feels better to start with just because I'm doing something different, then it hurts then it's back to square one.  I tried wearing skirts this week as it's easier to get dressed but the Velcro on the boot rips the bananas out of my panty hose - if it's not one thing, it's another.

1 comment:

Sinéad said...

Snow is lovely to look at at first, but it quickly becomes a right pain in the ass. I hope it clears away for you soon, and Spring arrives!