Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rain Rain Rain.

 Pearl and I stayed home today for the first time in a month - the weather this weekend has been grey, cold and rainy. Pearl continues to watch Gabe's house, she either sits on the hill or lays on the property line, gently watching.  She plays of course, but always stops to look for him. But like with us, it will fade eventually. Not being able to go to the park today didn't help - but we will go next week. I did a lot of cooking today, I try to make at least a couple of meals ahead of time so that during the week we can just pop them in the oven when I get home. David is 80% done with the master bedroom - I'll take pictures later in the week. He painted it a mustard gold color and with the white ceiling it looks amazing - it's actually the same as this blog. He's got to install the fans and lighting next and then we'll be up there. There's a few more things that need to be done but it will have to wait for now. I'll be glad when my stuff comes back out, my books and things. Right now everything is still stored - my clothes are in the walk in closet but I'm still missing a few things. Work on Monday, still working on the sock, nothing much. I heard from Jackson, he got the care package we sent and we will be sending another one of course. We sent him snacks and magazines, his hat that he loves, this and that. It's hard with him so far away for so long - we did it with Adam so it's not a new thing, but it's difficult when you know you won't see them for a year or two.

1 comment:

Sinéad said...

The bedroom colour sounds lovely, really decadent, as a boudoir should be! :)