Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Walk In The Park

Today was the farthest we've ever walked, Pearl and I did 3 and a 1/2 hours, we were dragging it back to the car, but I was so proud of us! My legs are killing me because we did not take the easy paths either - well at least not easy for me, Pearl is another story. Pearl was off the leash for most of the walk as we went early and we had the place to ourselves, she enjoys it so much more when she can run -  she darts around and harasses the chipmunks relentlessly. She's doing better people-wise too, we saw two joggers and she ran to the them - but to visit, not because she was scared. I did have to remind her she did not know one of the joggers as she started jogging after him, much to his amusement.  She is still waiting for Gabe, it's not as intense as it was, but it's so sad - there's nothing you can do about it but let time take care of it.  But she's a busy dog between hiking and hunting season starting soon -  and David came home with the news today he was asked to do some guiding next week at the local hunting preserve - she'd better eat her Wheaties! We got approved for the home equity loan so we'll be putting in the electric fence - and then maybe then, we can think about getting Pearl a live in friend. We're excited too because now we can finish the house the way we want to. We've learned that being debt free is nice, but buying cheap and then replacing it later down the road just ends up costing more money - you're better off borrowing and just paying it all off once instead of twice. I finished the socks I've been working on and balled up the yarn I bought on my vacation last year. it's a 60% pima cotton 40% merino wool mix from Peru - now I have to find a project for it. This is a little different because I want to make a shawl out of it BUT I only have exactly 900 yards so the project will have to fit the yarn. And I can't buy more as it's a specific dye lot - made once, never again. In progress on my diet - I've hit a wall, not only have I not lost anything in the past two weeks but I gained a pound.  I know I've plateaued but that doesn't make it any easier - you feel like you've done all this work for nothing.  And I know I've lost steadily but I guess the big issue is I was only 7 pounds away from my goal - so I have to regroup and go on. Dammit.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The kitty's soo cutee! Great blog, good content, i'll stop by sometimes! :)

Tiago Couto

www.midnightconceiver.com