Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Well, That Was Interesting.

I took 3 days off from work to regroup - I planned on just doing not much at all. I sent David to see Ray for a couple of days - since I was off it works out well with the dogs and not having to worry about them. Thursday and Friday were fine - I was just out and about, doing this and that. I cooked on Thursday - I'm getting really good at making seiten and make it once every couple of weeks. It's much better then store bought and much cheaper. Anyhoo - I woke up this morning about 3:15 in the most severe pain I've ever been in. I laid there quietly, thinking it would pass - but it just got worse. I managed to get to the bathroom and just started vomiting, 10 15 times - I lost count. It was just horrible, I couldn't straighten up, moving led to more vomiting which increased my pain. The dogs administered First Aid by waiting for their breakfast - they are not very good at these things but once they peed and ate, they were fine. I was not. I called David in NJ- then I called an ambulance since I wasn't sure I'd be able to drive. I've never been in ambulance - the crew was nice but the ride was not that great, every bump sent me over the edge. At the ER I answered and signed - then got some diludid through an IV - at that point I would have given anything to make the pain go away - even my yarn stash. Well, maybe not all of it. A lot of it. They did a battery of tests - and nothing. They could not find the cause. I have gallstones but no evidence of a problem, my appendix is fine, labs were fine. By this time either what was going on had passed or the medication was working well, so it was time to go home. I had called our neighbors Jim and Robin earlier and they  are the neighbors we should all have - Jim went over and ran the dogs, Robin sent a coat and shoes for me to come home in and Jim picked me up and drove me home. David got back around noon, I felt bad because he wasn't supposed to come home til tomorrow but I'm glad he's here. And I' m hoping THAT will not happen again.

No comments: