Total Pageviews

Friday, October 2, 2015

It's Been A Week.

This week started off a bit rough - I knew I would be out of town for the Bayada conference, then  visiting my sister and her wife so I had it tightly scheduled. Tightly Scheduled. Of course we all know what happens when you do that, don't we? Tuesday I had it planned to be at a client's house at precisely 7am, to the office to interview the HHA, finish paperwork, interview the nurse, go to my other clients, zip home. I did get to the first client at 7am - after that it all fell to crap. Traffic, tsunami-like rain, more traffic, A FIRE DRILL THAT INVOLVED TWO TRUCKS AND FIREMEN, more traffic.... by 5:10 I was a wet, sad noodle.  I didn't get home until after 7:30p and needed to send my resume out  - which for some reason was locked to editing. SO I had to re-write it - the whole thing - which was difficult as I was weeping copiously  by now and trying to make myself sound good. In the event you're wondering I'm not leaving Bayada but am looking into an interesting possibility. I don't think I'm qualified but you don't know if you dont' ask. THEN I went to submit my resume and of course I already had an old password, but could not remember it,  Of course. 
OF COURSE.  I finally got to get it to go through after multiple tries thank goodness. So, I went to the bed, then up before you know it and back to Pittsburgh to finish up my paperwork. I decided to go to the office as I actually drive by it
 on the way to Philly. I left around 11:30 and hit... traffic! But was sitting in a restaurant with a co-worker by 6:30, drinking margaritas and having fun. The conference d-r-a-g-g-e-d since I was waiting to go see Janet and Diane all day. But released in a timely fashion and on the road again by 5 and into ...... traffic...rain.... more traffic.... but there was wine and Pad Thai waiting for me when I got here so I was ok with that. It is still raining but I'm taking a real vacation day so I really don't care. I went out to Lancaster and went shopping, hit the pretend Amish shops, etc... it was raining and cold but I don't care. My car has heat and I have a jacket so we can adapt, can't we?

No comments: