Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 14, 2019

A Little Change In Plans

The fun thing about moving a lot is it takes a lot to get you upset. I mean you do for like 30 seconds, then you start Plan B with an occasional segeway into Plan C. If it's bad then D comes into play. So, we have a half assed closing date, a real closing date, etc... none of which is written in stone. But since we have time in any case we've been sorting and packing a bit at a time. Plan A was UHaul shipping containers with the idea we would pack all the things we need but not right now, ship it out and then as we get closer to closing pack everything else. Hmm. So - David called to confirm and they told him, well, you can't use YOUR trailer you have to use OUR trailer which is of course Moderately Priced for Your Convenience. David grumped ok, then they told him he could pick them up in...Pittsburgh?? When David pointed out he'd been told it was supposed to be Uniontown they said well, that's a "preferred location" - David said that was the location HE preferred. Arrgh.

So, back to square one. So on the upside he found a much better deal, it was a bit more costly but they can take all of our stuff. On the 19th. Of this month. Wow. So we are packing just about everything up - since the buyers are taking the guest room bedroom set we will not be sleeping on the floor and we are getting rid of everything in the living room after we go so it won't be that bad. But most of the kitchen will have to be packed up, along with, well ,along with everything I suppose. And of course there's all sorts of other things we need to get moving on. I finally got my Oregon nursing license - what a haul that was! I needed my original college transcript sent, my NCLEX results, every state I've ever been licensed in, FBI background, fingerprints, verification that I'm currently licensed.....etc.... about 6 weeks. Glad I started early!!

Now I have to get my Washington license, finish up with doctor's appointments, work, pack, work pack.....repeat as needed. It's one of those things that seems to drag and then suddenly - here it is. We are going to ship my car and then drive cross country with the two dogs and the cat and a trailer with the rest of our stuff. I'm sure it's one of those things that looks better on paper.

No comments: