Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Highway To Hell

Ugh. I hate traveling to the other end of the state because there are a lot of people there. And the second they are put on notice I will be coming, they all hop in their cars and take their position on the highway -  I have a meeting in NJ tomorrow and then my last Bayada awards weekend on Friday.  I had visits today and finished a little earlier than expected which worked out well because after I put the address in the GPS it was an hour and a half longer of a drive than I had anticipated. This morning was stressful because of,well, because of me. I had known for a very long time I would be leaving today so you'd think I would have started packing or something, maybe gas in the car, who knows! Not me. This morning found me ransacking my closet and dresser discovering I had Nothing To Wear. Since I couldn't decide what I wasn't wearing I stuffed my suitcase so I could sort through it later. Amusingly I've discovered I've pretty much packed nothing of use and 3 pairs of shoes.

After I got done with my last visit I went to the gas  station to get gas and de-stress a bit by sitting in the carwash. That is one of my go-to's when I'm freaking out. It's so calming, with the soap covering the windows, the hot wax, the giant blow dryer.... I wasn't super bad so I only sat through it once. yeah..... I've had a two car wash day. Then back to the house to finish (throwing stuff in a suitcase)packing,ran the dogs.I had a small cheese party because I felt bad about leaving them and off I went. I have a fairly new GPS that's pretty fancy - I can get text messages and phone calls on it. Unfortunately it somehow got connected to my Words With Friends so as I'm driving it will suddenly flash Mathmaddox91 Has Challenged You To A Game.  I have no idea how to stop it.  The other issue is I'm pretty sure programming the GPSs is left to Vindictive Old Boyfriends - the things it does to me! It decided we were taking the Turnpike which was going very well til we got to NJ. Then since I was tired from driving it started doing crap like changing how long it would take me to get here. It announced a traffic jam while I was sitting in it, then sneaky added an HOUR, then just as I was coming up to the exit it was like Oh, did I forget to tell you that exit is closed and now we have to divert you to Who Knows Where - I could have been tooling around Canada by that time. I finally arrived all crabbypants to the hotel and was very glad to finally be here. My meeting is only five miles from here so I'm currently sitting in bed and finally relaxing. 

No comments: