Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

At Loose Ends

The sweater is actually done - I just need time and a sunny day to take a final picture of it. Of course now I have to figure out what I want to make next. This is the part where I glom over my books, magazine, start, frog, start, frog, different yarn, different needles, different bag.  I start and stutter about half a dozen times then I'll find a project. I'm thinking socks since I haven't made them in awhile. Things are swinging along lately, the materials came in for the job David's doing so he's back to dividing his time between here and there. Our custom window came in so that is done, he's been busy peeling up the carpet and pulling down the walls upstairs -  when it's done it will be amazing. The weather is slowly turning to chill, it's that odd time of the year where you wake up clutching the covers and racing to slam the windows shut, then when you come home from work you're racing for your shorts and flipping on the air.  But I cannot wait for fall! I took Pearl on a practice walk last night, it's funny how you think you're all that and going so far - but you're not. I clocked what we had walked last night with the car this morning and we barely did half a mile. Stinks. But we will get better. Vincent is here with me right now, we have gotten into a routine in the evenings, I sit in the big chair and he drapes himself on top of the cushion behind me, dangling his paws over my shoulders.  He is such a wonderful boy cat - all furry and purring, too bad Claw the Evil can't take a page out of his book.  I had my Weight Watchers meeting tonight and finally met my 10% goal - they give you a key chain which is very swanky. I met with the leader and we figured out my final destination - it's a good weight and one that I can (hopefully) stay at. I am so tired of up and down, with more up every time I go there and it seems to get harder to take off each time. This I can do - because it's not a crazy thing and it allows you to eat what you like - you just can't eat it all the time and you can't eat 5 of them.  I mean, let's face it - all diets comes down to the same thing - diet and exercise. This is just manageable.


1 comment:

Sinéad said...

Sounds like you're settling in nicely! I know what you mean about the weather, one minute roasting, the next minute freezing. Perfect weather for catching a cold. Your sweater looks great! Well done!