Total Pageviews

Monday, June 28, 2010

I got the Job!

I have been interviewing for a job for the past couple of weeks -and I got the job! I haven't been happy with my job for awhile - it was no one's fault but it just wasn't me. A spot opened next door awhile ago and I've thought about it, mulled it over, discussed it with David, back and forth, back and forth. But after speaking to a few people I decided to do it - and I think I'll be glad I did. I'll be a clinical manager still, but in pediatric private duty. The nice thing about the private duty side is you get a group of patients and you do visits on them so you're not in the office all the time, it's more suited to me. And of course I get to work with kids again - I miss that more than I realized. It's still Bayada - that's one of the things I love about this company - you can move around if you want to and it's not an issue. They have all sorts of different services and they advertise the positions all the time. Since I'm next door though I heard it through the grapevine. I'll still be at my old job for about another month, then I go next door - and the really nice thing is I already know everyone! So it's been a good day today. Things are slowly moving into place, not all good but we'll weather through the rest of it. Speaking of weather - boy is it hot! The humidity makes it much worse of course, I drown myself in bug spray and I think they bite me right through it. The air conditioner in the bedroom is getting a workout, for now it's fine. We're not here most of the time and it's really the only room that needs it. If we have guests the guest room is downstairs and that stays cool all the time anyhow. So things are status quo - for the moment!

No comments: