Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Halloween Is Right Around The Corner

I know it's not, but it sure feels like it. It's raining today and the temps are expected to drop down into the 60's tomorrow. Mr. Lee of course wears her Halloween costume year around so she's all set. Mick is coming to close the pool at the end of Sept, I wish David had told him to come sooner. I haven't been in it for a few weeks and when I'm not using it, it's just a pain keeping the leaves and alge at bay. Jackson stayed home yesterday, I think he had a little flu or virus, nothing serious but enough to make him feel bad. I've been working like crazy lately, we've hired two nurses but they don't start for another week or so and I've been driving from one end to the other, some days clocking in over 160 miles a day. Today is a half day for me so hopefully I can catch up on things, I was going to take Pearl out walking but with the rain maybe not. A patient of mine knows a dog trainer so if we can't get past this fear aggression thing I might have to do that. It's just such a hard thing - I'm so afraid she'll bite someone out of fear that I start getting nervous the minute anyone comes toward us and I know that's contributing but it's hard for me to relax. We're also working on proving to Miss Thing that WE are the boss, not her. So far I don't think she believes us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Sadie, when we first got her, would circle our cattle and horses barking like crazy which, of course, made them run.  So for a long time I wouldn't let her off her leash.  I guess she has finally gotten used to them, because 99% of the time now she just runs past them as though they weren't there.  For awhile I was considering buying a shock collar.  Sure glad I didn't have to do that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia....have you tried walking Pearl with Charger?  Maybe if she sees Charger behaving in a somewhat normal fashion she'll follow the lead.  Good luck