Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Goal!

 Well, this week has been interesting. I FINALLY hit my goal weight at Weight Watchers - 30 pounds gone! I got my star and if I can keep it off for 6 weeks I can become a Lifetime Member. I will be staying in for awhile yet, with the holidays coming and then the idle hours of deep winter - I think it's in my best interest to keep going.  I've been having a rough go of it, as everyone that knows me knows I was hanging out at the same weight for almost a month. Right before I left for NJ was the worst -  after a week of dropping the amount I was eating and increasing the amount I was exercising -not only didn't I lose - I gained. I was this far from quitting, what's the use, why bother. But I got it under control - I've come too far now to give up. I realized one of the reasons I got so mad was I was forced to face the fact that I can no longer eat what ever - and when ever I want. I was really angry about it - irrational and childish as that is, that was a hard thing to accept and I still have some issues about it.  Getting older for me has been a good thing, I like being in my fifties - I'm not going to go on and on about it because the last time I did that I got a big cosmic fanny smack - but the difficulty in maintaining a healthy weight has been a big change for me. It takes more exercise now and less calories, but I've gotten creative about that too. We have piles of fruits and vegetables around, I keep the bad stuff either out of the house or out of sight. I've started substituting Miracle Rice and Shitake Noodles for the real deal. You can find one or both either in the soy section of our local food store or natural food stores - both have LESS than 20 calories per serving. Just word to the wise - rinse them before you sniff them. And that's all I'm going to say. So, hopefully I'll be able to keep up with my exercise and dieting through the winter, it was hard to take off all that weight, I certainly don't want to do it twice!

1 comment:

Sinéad said...

Congratulations! that's a great achievement. I have no doubt you'll get your lifetime member badge!