Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Walk In The Park

 Sunday was our first walk in over a month since Pearl injured her front leg. It's funny how she can't remember not to eat the cat's food no matter how many times she gets yelled at for it, yet I take out her orange walking harness she hasn't seen for a month and she's bouncing around the kitchen, all barky and spinning. Rat fink. So off we went to meet Charlene and her dogs Sophie and Libby. It's so much more fun to walk with another person, isn't it? I met Charlene over the Internet when I lived in Stroudsburg - then we were face book friends and then when I moved here - we met at the park and went walking together. I like to tell David before I leave that I'm going out to meet the stranger I met over the Internet in the woods. I think it's funny! As you can see by the pictures Pearl has a grand time visiting and playing and I get my exercise in. We probably only have another month before the weather gets too bad to go out walking - if it's nice next weekend we'll go again. So Sunday went well - Monday not so good. I woke up feeling tired but figured it would go away - it didn't. I ended up calling in sick, hello 24 hour virus. I HATE being sick, I get offended and outraged, I am not a good patient. Best to leave me - if I live I live, if I don't the yarn goes with me. I ended up calling into work and having to coordinate a few things from my death bed, but other than that I survived the war and was back at work today. I ended up having to work late of course - not home til 7:30 !! - why is when you least can do it is when you have to do it the most? Murphy's Law. I am still slogging through the Christmas cards, just haven't had the time or inclination. We sent Jackson's Christmas package two weeks ago, still not there. Adam is coming home for Christmas so that should be really fun - I can't wait to see him.

No comments: