Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'm Not Bi-Polar. My Life Is.



The past couple of weeks have been a never ending slide towards that rocky bottom. Stomach clenching events at work daily - which is the way things are in the health care field. You'll be swinging along just fine and then EVERYONE will have a problem. You'll have the wrong billing code in the computer and even if you weren't the one that did it, you get to hold the bag.  You feel like anything you try to do good you'll get punished for - you just wait. Home has  been no picnic either lately - Vincent is declining, slowly but surely. We are trying to keep him until Jackson comes  home from overseas, but I think it is not meant to be. He grows thinner daily, he's with me constantly at home now - at night he either perches on my side or is curled in a tight little ball under my chin. I cannot stop his sliding either and it breaks my heart.  I'm sad and frantic these days - I worry about Adam, Jackson, the new puppy coming, the not so old cat going. I know it will all straighten up - have you even noticed with me it's either going well or I'm dropping down into the depths of despair? I took  a couple of hours of personal time today and met David at the book store - he was late and I was trying not to overreact You know when things are not going well, it seems like nothing goes right? But it was not that big of a deal, I got a magazine (since I have an ereader buying books is not appealing) and bought a book for a co-worker. we went to the Chinese buffet  for dinner and ate way too much then back home to Miss Pants who was still scoping for any errant bowls of cat food she might have. Things are not all bad of course - David had 2 dozen chocolate covered strawberries delivered to the office for Valentines Day from Shari's Berries - it would have been nice if they'd arrived while I was there too!! but Susan put them in the fridge and we all ate them the next day.  I'm off call as of today and hopefully this weekend will be a Pull the Covers Over Your Head sort of event. David has been super busy with working - he's doing a renovation and has two more jobs lined up - so far! Adam is almost officially out of the Navy and is currently job hunting, a little difficult because he's been in the military since he left high school so the interviewing and so forth are all new territory for him. So despite being in The Depths Of Despair  we are still busy bees.       

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

Life tends to be a roller coaster. Since I'm a believer, I get through the mess by singing "The God on the mountain is still God in the valley... " but of course non-believers say, "then what good is He doing you?"
Anyhow, ups and downs are normal.

Mags Treanor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mags Treanor said...

About the strawberries - I wouldn't care about not being in the office, because surely your not being there meant that more people got to find out that you had been sent the strawberries. AND, they all had to look at them in the fridge and ask 'ooooh, who got those?' and then people would say it was you who got them and to keep their little paws off them until you got back to the office...
Ah, life is wonderful...