Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

No Fat Ladies Will Be Singing Today.

 A month or so ago we had decided not to treat Vincent for his chronic kidney failure anymore. The medications didn't stop the bleeding, the infusions traumatized him. We thought for sure last month he would slip away from us, growing thinner each day, sleeping forever and a day, huddled by us at night. But last week David asked me if I'd well, noticed something different about Vincent lately. And I had - he's been eating like a horse since he got ill but lately, the weight has started staying. His fur is back to being glossy and he was busy doing Secret Cat Maneuvers that are only secret to him (the birds can see him a mile away) last night in the yard. David strongly recommended to him that he stop prancing up and down the pillows and purring at 2 am - Vincent took it under consideration and continued  - he knows there will be no consequences of his actions. We don't know how, we certainly don't know why - but he appears to be, well, recovering.  We'll take it and just be grateful. In other news Reuben is growing in leaps and bounds, David swears every time he stretches he grows another inch. He can make it up and down the stairs and another inch and the couch is his. We are going to start leaving him in the kitchen this week during the day - the floor is laminate so if he has an accident it will be easily cleaned. Work has been busy but is calming - a little - I don't expect that to last. We don't have much in the way of plans for Easter, it will just be us so I'll eat Peeps til I burst and then out to dinner. I plan on avoiding Weight Watchers for at least two weeks until I can run the bunnies off and then back to work. My garden has yielded nothing so far, but it has only been two days. I'm giving it to the end of the week before I start to worry. I"m 2/3 of the way around the shawl edge, it's slow going but I'm getting there - I can't wait for it to be done!

No comments: