Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

I usually do not wax poetic about Memorial Day -  but we're watching a news show about a program that allows traumatized war veterans to return to the war zone and leave - after saying goodbye and laying some ghosts to rest. Our family has a long history of service to our country - we served during the Civil war, WW 2, every war I think we've been there. My father in law was a marine who was at Guata Canal and Okanowa, my grandfather was in the coast guard. My niece's husband Jaime is currently serving in the coast guard also down in Florida. Uncle Harry, Henry, Thomas, John, Adam and Jackson are all Navy boys. Adam just finished almost ten years - Jackson is currently winging his way back from Afghanistan. I have no idea why so many of our family do their duty to our county - but I'm glad they do. Thank you!



No comments: