Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Facebook Me!

I've had people tell me they don't like Face book - that people tell too much and they don't need to know what everyone is doing every second of the day. Not me - I'm on and off it all day every day. Since it started my entire family has populated it - grandparents, cousins, friends, kids. We've planned vacations, co-ordinated get- together, shared birthday greetings and announcements. I got to see my niece's graduation, my friend's grandchildren, my former babysitter and science teacher!. If I need to get hold of someone, chances are I can get them on Face book. Although I do have to say my sister got a little upset with me when I once face-booked her that mom was in the hospital. But in my defense - she answered. Jackson is home from Afghanistan for those two people that don't know - and I'm busy planning his leave with him and the rest of the crew - via face book. I've posted, messaged and chatted it - and it's all taken care of. I guess the thing with Face book, and any other social network is you need to treat it the same way you would any situation. I never post anything on there that I cannot say to some one's face. If I have an issue at work - it doesn't go on. There are no picture of me naked, performing any illegal acts or sitting on a roof with a Margarita in each hand. Because I also know that if you go for a job these days, chances are very good the recruiter is doing an Internet search of how you behave on-line.  Anything I want to pass on but not to everyone can go in a private message. I love the fact that I can share my life with all my cousins and friends no matter how far flung we are, that they can see my house, my kids and what we're doing - and I can see them. I know most people don't post the amount of pictures I do, but I like doing it and yarn is for sharing. Yes it is. Is too. Shut up. So we are waiting now for Jackson to get his leave as I'm sure he is - he's happy to be back I know and eager to see everyone. And we can't wait to see him!


1 comment:

Donna. W said...

I like Facebook too, and I'm glad you are one of my Facebook friends.