Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Happy Weekend!

 Molly is sitting in the chair with me now, eyeballing David as she seems to think he would like to sit here too - and as far as she's concerned there is no room. At all. Ever. I'm oncall tomorrow for the holiday, someone has to do it I suppose. But I am free to roam the country until then and had a pretty good day yesterday. Yesterday, in the mail I got a card from the Sheep and Fiber committee, they did pony up a ribbon for my second place win on the voted competition and is proudly displayed on the picture of Reuben modeling the winning entry. I was a little surprised the lavendar shawl won - the shape is fine but the pattern was so off kilter it's hilarious if you really look at it closely. But whatever - I got my ribbon so my world is fine. I restarted the hood on my latest project, it was straight stockingnette but when you do that the edge will roll. Not a bad look if that's what you're going for but I'm not so I frogged it and did a little ribbing to keep it flat - who wants a hood that rolls? I got a lot of it done while watching The Last Samauri with Tom Cruise - I actually hate him but there are two movies he is pretty decent in and that's one of them. David and I have been poking around a bit for the next project - the Bruceton Mills house is under contract - for now (our record so far is selling one house four times before it actually sold so color me Jaded) - we're starting with the very low end. Yesterday found me wading through a sea of weeds with my trusty camera peeking in windows and testing the deck. There was a  number for the RE which we called - the house has moved WAY down the list as we would need to sign a waiver before going in to look. Hmm. Not a Good Sign. We looked at another one, hurray for Creative Photography and back to the drawing board. I'm hoping to see Iron Man 3 today, we are going to look at laptops too - the Macbook might have finally bought the big one. I can't complain, it's about 8 years old and has been a true workhorse. I'd like a new one but that will have to wait until After The House Sells. My whole life is on hold until that point, everytime I say I want or I need it gets pushed off til After The House Sells. If I died - it would have to wait. I am going to get my eyes looked at, the guy I went to last year in the mall appears to be out of business so I have to find a new one. I think I'll ask Dr. Fenghali that treats my glaucoma to recommend someone - and I think there is one near the place I work. I have vision insurance with this job so I can get VERY swanky glasses.

No comments: