Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hump Days!

 Things have been getting a little out of hand around here you might have noticed. When stressed I'm not unlike a grape - if you squeeze me I'll produce a steady stream of whine. David has been doing well in his endeavors, we closed on our first Not Living In It house on Friday, after multiple delays and false starts. He's also handling the bills, his business of small jobs, the issues we've had around here - with my job being in high gear a lot was either getting done at 4 am or 10 pm - or not done at all. We ran out of things. So after looking into various solutions including PRN employment and paying for our own health benefits I talked to my boss and as of this week have reduced my schedule to 4 days a week instead of 5. My day off will be Wednesday so no three day weekends and I'll still be on call but with that I should bring in enough and will keep my health benefits. And being off on Wednesday means I'll be working on two days at a time which will hopefully make my stress much less. Today we drove out to do a little shopping and hanging out, but also to look at some more foreclosures. We haven't gotten one to start on - as I've said before it's not as easy as it looks. We have to stay on a very tight budget, every extra dollar that goes toward the purchase comes out of our profit and we need to make enough to make it worth David's time, gas and materials. So we spent the day peeking in windows, traipsing through weeds and carefully balancing our way up rickety steps. We looked at one that was pretty high priced for us - $90,000 but the RE said if we did a small addition we could resell for $200,000. We came, we saw, we laughed,we left. We did have some fun - out to breakfast, the yarn store and we found a dog bed big enough for the crew(and hopefully indestructible). I am moving along on the sweater, I have half a sleeve left to do, a little edging and then it's done. I bought the yarn for the dress I'm attempting,, Maybe. Not much else going on in the Land Of Lesters, reading constantly lately, still love my Kobo ereaders, especially the Kobo Mini. I use that way more than I thought I would and the feature I love about it is it will sync with my big ereader and go to whatever page I'm on - that is so cool!


No comments: