Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Bayada Awards Weekend

When Jen looks at me and asks "how did that happen?" I usually respond with " have you met me?". So, this weekend is the annual Bayada Awards weekend  in which the company pays for 2000 + employees to go play together. As is my typical modus operand I had made all sorts of half assed plans - I was leaving from the new office to the airport, booked a shuttle, etc.. David's waterpump in his van went kaflooey right on schedule so I did leave from the new office, just not in my car. Jen was gracious enough to pick me and Alexa up and off we went. The line was huge at the airport, so long then shuffled half of us off to an Alternate Check In Point which looked like something out of a Bourne movie. Someone kept whacking a door shut which just added to the ambience. I actually did the bin thing correctly, even taking off my Fitbit but when I stepped in the scanner I thought I heard the security guy say something . I turned my head and moved my arms....... 
and earned a full pat down. Apparently if you move every yellow area that shows up needs a patting - sigh. I myself would have been taking pictures but that's just me. We got through that and off to TGIF. The waiter was new - we knew that because he said so like four billion times. When I ordered a veggie burger he actually asked me how I wanted that done - ?? I think I told him cooked! We got here in good time and I called the shuttle. I have no idea why I did that - probably a knee jerk reaction. Every time we fly out to Seattle that's what we do. Here - would not do it again. I called and apparently Larry forgot I had booked - he asked me if I was sure in which I said yes I am LARRY and told him I had a receipt. Not a huge I was to the hotel in good time. Our directors had a reservation at a great restaurant and then we went out to a bar called the Tin Roof.

I had a few beers and then hit the hay around midnight. Charlotte is very pretty and the buildings are huge, I didn't realize how big it was .But there's a lot of homeless people here too and I don't know how safe it is to walk around at night. There are a gazillion Ubers and I've put the app on my phone, my co-worker is going to show me how to do it so I will go home with a Swanky New Skill. Today is going to be super busy, luncheons, general assembly, dinner, dancing - but what fun! What other company does this for Thieu employees? I don't think any of them do - I worked for Interim for years and they do have something similar, except they only send the four people every year. We already got a bunch of presents and dinner too! You can't beat that, can you?

No comments: