Total Pageviews

Monday, May 28, 2018

Project List

I'm finally starting to get on top of my knitting projects, I finished the Day Lily shawl (tablecloth), I have about 5 more rows to do on the Easy Peasy, halfway through Girasole and the socks will eventually  be restarted. Two of them are left overs from the Pittsburgh Fiber Festival classes, I had finished one set  of shawls and then knit another set part way through for examples. The socks had been restarted a couple of times - I just haven't had time to look at them. And then there are the Future Projects.

I've got a pi-like shawl by Brooklyn Tweed called Arbre that I'm dying to cast on - it looks like so much fun. We're flying out to see Jackson and company the second week in July so I might just start it for that trip. Or I probably should just bring the socks. Sometimes it's so hard because I have so many patterns I want to work on and so much yarn. I have about 2,500 yards of a beautiful Kelly green lace weight sitting on my dresser just waiting for a pattern. There's a beautiful sky blue worsted weight on the entertainment system that will be a sweater someday. Sigh. And then there is the Project to End All Projects which I've been laughingly calling My Opus. The definition of an Opus is "any artistic work, especially on a large scale". 

It's a Russian pattern called Lily of the Valley, a friend and I are going to be knitting it at the same time which should be interesting. She's a very precise knitter and follows the instructions perfectly - her stuff ALWAYS looks like the picture. Me, not so much as demonstrated by the Day Lily shawl -  which somehow ended up having a 7 foot diameter even though I stopped 40 rows short. Most people would have stopped and ripped it out - not me. I knit the way I live my life, I just go ahead and do it - I can deal with the fall out later. The pattern was very small and VERY complicated so I took it down to the print shop near my office and the guy put the charts all on 11 x 17' inch paper - it looks as epic as it is. Then I emailed the alpaca ladies - as you know they stopped producing alpaca lace weight yarn that quite incidentally BROKE MY HEART. A LOT. But lo and behold they have a lot of undyed left over so I have 4 skeins coming and I can dye it the shade I want.  This is a project I have to work up to - hopefully I'll be worthy of it. 

No comments: