Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 10, 2009

It Will Always Be The Cat Pee House To Me.

David has moved far enough along to order the dumpster - it's one of those giant ones since he's gutting the entire house. Which incidentally, doesn't smell at all anymore!! Not even a little - if you go in now, all you smell is wood and paint. In order to achieve that effect David has pulled up all the sub flooring, removed the lower half of the sheet rock in the entire house, taken down the paneling, painted over the flooring with an oil based paint to seal whatever smell is left in, removed the wall between the kitchen and the dining room and taken out every square inch of carpeting. Not much. I did a little shopping today but then headed out to the Cat Pee house to load the dumpster. It took me hours, David has been piling up the debris for a couple of weeks now and finally had enough to call. The worst part is it's rained a couple of times which not only made the sheet rock very breakable and heavy, but took the cat pee scent to new heights. I reeked to put in mildly - you truly have no idea how bad you can smell until you spend a couple of hours carting pee soaked sheet rock around - I felt like I had little cartoon stink waves coming off of me. My back is a little sore but I managed to fill the dumpster more than halfway, I don't know who was more surprised - me or David. Pearl spent most of her time whining softly and getting yelled at - she wants you to play with HER and not play in the dumpster which in her opinion has fairly limited entertainment value. We're trying to get in the house by the end of the month, first week of November before it starts getting cold. Er. The temps have already dropped quite a bit and the leaves are very pretty. I'm not sure what to do about my clothes as I don't want to unpack them as I'll just have to pack them again but I'm getting tired of getting dressed in the attic where they're stored.

No comments: