Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Still A Busy Bee

 On Saturday we had the Carnation Division Bayada party - it was at a casino, it was very fancy and the food was great. I didn't take as many pictures as I should have - I was a little preoccupied because we all know what I was doing the next day. Plus my foot is not holding up well, but enough of that. I'm sick of hearing about it too. Am too. Yes. Shut up. It was fun seeing all of my coworkers dressed up and we had a great time. The next day we didn't leave until 8 or so since there was no hurry. It took us about 9 hours, but we kind of meandered down, we stopped in Milford Delaware as that is on our list, it was pretty but not what we expected so it's now moved down the list. I think if we go back I would like to stay at Bethany beach but only if Pearl can come too. We arrived at Norfolk around 5 and met up with Janet and Diane at John and Carleen's house - it was fun for us to all be together as that rarely happens these days. Carleen is recovering from major surgery so John is in charge and doing a great job. We had pizza and then went to the Navy Inn which is conveniently located across the road. The next morning we were on the pier at 8:30 - it was freezing!! You could tell the new navy wives because they were in short skirts and spiked heels - the rest of us were bundled up. It took hours to dock and then the sailors came off in droves - no Adam. Still no Adam. Then I checked my phone and there was a voicemail from Adam letting us know he would be one of the last off the ship and would meet us around 11:30. They have large tents set up to wait in  and there tons of free coffee and food so it wasn't a hard wait. Adam showed up in civilian clothes as he has had enough of wearing a uniform - he looked wonderful and was so happy to be home.  He'd had a good tour - Bahrain, Greece, France, but was glad to be back. John had a welcome home lunch for him - he even made a cake which was very impressive and Adam was very touched that he went to so much trouble for him. We had a great day - David pooped out on us so he stayed at the hotel. We took Adam to have his phone reactivated and then to a Mexican restaurant where his friend Brit works. Then back to the hotel to pick up all the beer we had accumulated (don't ask!) and then dropped him off at his friend's house for the night as Adam is trying to squeeze 6 months in 9 hours. Adam will be at our house for almost 2 weeks in January - I can't wait!

No comments: